Program Support & Training Consultant (SSE)
Location : Haryana, India (4 positions, 1 each for Panipat, Sonipat, Rohtak & Jhajjar)
Breakthrough is a global human rights organization working to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. Our mission is to prevent violence against women and girls by transforming the norms and cultures that enable it. We carry out this mission by building a critical mass of change agents worldwide — the Breakthrough Generation — whose bold collective action will deliver irreversible impact on the issue of our time. Working out of centers in India and the U.S., we create innovative, relevant multimedia tools and programs — from short animations to long-term leadership training — that reach individuals and institutions where they are, inspiring and equipping them to build a world in which all people live with dignity, equality, and justice.
Breakthrough is seeking four Consultants – Program Support and Training for its work on Sex Selective Elimination (SSE) in four districts of Haryana. This position will be reporting to the Program Manager – SSE. Duties will include supporting the program manager and coordinator in building and managing partnership with the NGOs, youth groups, corporate, medical practitioners, government officials, media and other and development partners. The specific KRAs will be -
- Channelize the CBOS/ SHGs/ AWWs to stop sex selective elimination (SSE)
- Organize/ manage/ conduct/facilitation of different training programs like training of NGOs, CBOs, SHGs, AWWs, youth (marginalized and college/ school) etc
- Organize and manage different sensitization / planning/ integrating/ strategic workshops time to time at district and block level
- Network with local media personnel and continuous sensitizing them on the issue of SSE and its long term effect on society
- Network, update of intervention to Govt. officials i.e. Deputy Commissioner/ DPO/ DEO/CS-Health/ RDO/ BDO/ CDPO/ MoIC/ BEO or SI-Education etc. at district and block level
- Advocate at district and block level for effective government service delivery and access and compliance of laws
- Coordinate with different ministries including Dept. of Women & Child Development, Rural Development, Education and Health for scaling and sustaining theproject
- Initiate and facilitate community mobilization activities through effective implementation of video van movement, effective utilization of hand outs/ brochures/ posters/ other publicity tools, melas, rallys, street theatres, media campaign etc
- Work for better access of services and create awareness and understanding of SSE
- Participate in effective planning and monthly reporting to state office
- Assist in developing IEC materials
- Perform any other program related tasks assigned from time to time
Skills & Experience:
- Graduates/ post graduates in any field
- Social work experience of 5 to 8 years out of which at least 4 years in training and community mobilization
- Clear understanding/ knowledge of issues of Violence against women especially Sex selective elimination
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills in both Hindi and local language. Ability to communicate in English will be desirable
- Self motivated with the ability to plan and execute with team
- Must possess good communication and presentation skills
- Interested in working for social good with concern for high effectiveness
- Proficient with basic computer programs including MS Office and ability to type in Hindi
The candidate should have the ability to work in an informal atmosphere. Salary is commensurate with experience.
No phone calls please. We would only shortlist the candidate matching the above mentioned qualification.
Submit your resume along with a cover letter at email@example.com [Please mention Consultant – Program Support and Training in the subject line]. Last date of application – 25th Dec 2012
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.breakthrough.tv and www.bellbajao.org