Location: New Delhi, India
Breakthrough is a global human rights organization working to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. Our mission is to prevent violence against women and girls by transforming the norms and cultures that enable it. We carry out this mission by building a critical mass of change agents worldwide — the Breakthrough Generation — whose bold collective action will deliver irreversible impact on the issue of our time. Working out of centers in India and the U.S., we create innovative, relevant multimedia tools and programs — from short animations to long-term leadership training — that reach individuals and institutions where they are, inspiring and equipping them to build a world in which all people live with dignity, equality, and justice.
Breakthrough is looking for a graphic designer in a consultant position. The person will work under the supervision and management of the Manager – Multimedia and in close consultation with communications team of Breakthrough. The responsibilities include –
- Working with the multimedia manager to represent the research Breakthrough does by using engaging info graphics.
- Conceptualise and design informational graphics in various digital formats.
- Produce digital posters for all Breakthrough campaigns. The final output would be widely shared across social media.
- The graphic designer will also be expected to contribute towards ideation of concepts across all organizational campaigns.
- Design, illustrate and prepare web communication materials like emails, newsletters, web banners and flash animations.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent knowledge of software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw, Dreamweaver etc.
- Understanding of web design, user interface, basics of html and CSS.
- Capable of creating 2D animations using Adobe Flash or Aftereffects
- Have an extremely good sense of colours, visualizations, designs and layouts.
- Should be able to visualize creative designs for websites and presentations
- Knowledge of web design is a must.
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
The person should possess the following competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Socially conscious and sensitive to gender issues
- Innovative & an out-of-the-box thinker
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Flair for networking and partnership building
Breakthrough is looking for a Consultant who would be required to work for 2 days a week. The candidate should have the ability to work in an informal atmosphere. We would only shortlist the candidate matching the above mentioned qualification. Submit your resume along with a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should also include a maximum of five examples of your recent work (low-resolution) or a link to your online portfolio. [Please mention Consultant – Graphic Designer in the subject line].
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.