Location: New Delhi, India
Breakthrough is a global human rights organization working to make violence against women and girls unacceptable. Our mission is to prevent violence against women and girls by transforming the norms and cultures that enable it. We carry out this mission by building a critical mass of change agents worldwide — the Breakthrough Generation — whose bold collective action will deliver irreversible impact on the issue of our time. Working out of centers in India and the U.S., we create innovative, relevant multimedia tools and programs — from short animations to long-term leadership training — that reach individuals and institutions where they are, inspiring and equipping them to build a world in which all people live with dignity, equality, and justice.
Breakthrough is looking for a social media intern. The person will work under the supervision and management of the members of the communications team of Breakthrough. The responsibilities include –
- Assist in monitoring and updating social media channels.
- This includes helping the team update Facebook pages/groups, Twitter, YouTube among others.
- Assist the team in maintaining regular conversations across social media channels.
- Monitoring media and other outlets for relevant news, trends and coverage of issues related to violence against women.
- Developing new media for dissemination through online networks, including videos, photo essays, and online presentations
- The person should contribute in the running of blogs. This includes writing and scheduling of blog posts.
- Soliciting content from interested writers for blog posts across campaigns.
- The person should also pitch in with ideas for the content calendar.
- Should be keenly aware of the conversations about ‘Violence Against Women’ happening in the social media and online spheres.
- Assist with compiling social monitoring reports.
- Work across campaigns to assist in implementation of social media strategy
- Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies preferable.
- Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
- Should enjoy writing
- Avid users of social media (primarily Facebook and Twitter).
- Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
- Experience using graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator desirable.
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
The person should possess the following competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Must have a passion for non-profit work.
- Should be socially conscious and sensitive to gender issues.
- Must be an outgoing, personable, and articulate networker and self-starter.
- Innovative & an out-of-the-box thinker
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Flair for networking and partnership building
Breakthrough is looking for Social Media Intern, who can devote at least four hours per day for five days a week. The candidate should have the ability to work in an informal atmosphere. This is an unpaid position. However, we will reimburse your travel expenses. The selected candidate will also receive a certificate and a recommendation letter upon the completion of the internship. Submit your resume along with a cover letter at email@example.com. [Please mention Social Media Intern inthe subject line].
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.breakthrough.tv and www.bellbajao.org